All Region & Weather

Students and Parents,

Here is the information that we have at this time regarding this weekend’s All Region Auditions. TMEA will make a decision by 10:00am on Saturday as to whether or not Phase 1 All Region Auditions will go on as scheduled.

Once we get the word as to what the plan is regarding Saturday, we will make a posting to the website at www.richardsonband.org (be sure to click on “News” in case it isn’t the most recent story as we will also be posting information about the Christmas parade that morning), sending info via twitter, and sending info via email.

If you are the kind of person who likes to make hypothetical plans… IF  the contest is cancelled on Saturday, Plan B is to hold Phase 1 on Monday after school and Phase 2 on Wednesday evening. This would obviously cause us to need to reschedule our concert and we’ll “cross that bridge” when/if we have to.

If things are REALLY rough and the region is still not thawed out by Monday… Plan C is to hold Phase 1 on Wednesday and Phase 2 on Thursday. So… just in case, be thinking about your Thursday plans. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY this would happen, but you never know.

This is all the information I have right now. You’re welcome to respond with questions… but I have no answers beyond these until Saturday morning.

In the meantime, stay warm and safe in your travels home this afternoon. A reminder that all RISD after school events have been cancelled for today. Students are to go home directly after school and as such, the Band Hall will be closing today at 5:00pm. Everyone needs to be sure to take your instrument home with you today in order to ensure you have it for All Region on Saturday just in case school is cancelled for tomorrow but All Region happens to go on Saturday as planned.

Lots of info, I know.

Mr. Linley

User Login